This is a guide of MTK Phones flashing. It is not that hard like others saying. It is easy and what you need more is care. MTK phones won’t be bricked when flashing just if you are careful.
Card flash. Easier than cable flash (If the recovery is in). -MTK Phones Flashing
Prepare: 1. SD card. 2. Battery power over 70%.
- Send the zip file (rom) to your SD card, remember do not unzip the zip, and it is better if it is a blanket SD card.
- Power off the phone and insert the SD card. Normally you need to press volume- (may be +, depends on your device) and power on button for over 8 seconds to go into the recovery model (Some device will be dark screen, just click the menu button to enter).
- You can see some options below, like apply upgrade from SD card/ choose .zip from SD card/ wipe the caches/ wipe the data/ reboot your system. Normally volume -/+ to move, power button to confirm. What we need is to do a double wipe (wipe data & wipe caches) before your flashing, and then choose .zip from SD card and confirm.
- If the rom is right, your device will continue and finish upgrading itself. Or you will get a notice like “installing aborted”, which means rom is wrong or the zip is broken. After you reboot your phone, you will get the new system.
*Card flash is easier than cable flash, just step by step, you can upgrade your phone easily. Some devices will not recognize SD card even if you insert it into your phone. You need to do a double wipe first and then start up the phone and send the zip file to your phone storage, and power off to go into the recovery. —MTK Phones Flashing.
Cable flash -MTK Phones Flashing
Prepare: 1. USB cable. 2. Battery over 70%. 3. Power off the phone.
- Need to install the 6575/ 6577 USB driver. Click auto install.
- Extract the flash tool(Newest one, include MTK6589) to your desktop. Check all the folders must be in English. Rename it if not.
- Extract the rom you need to your desktop. Check all the folders must be in English. Rename it if not.
- Open the flash tool.exe, and click scatter loading and move to your rom folder, choose”MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt” file. All the files below will be ticked.
- Click firmware upgrade and now you need to do is to reinsert the battery (do not start up the phone) and connect your phone to pc and then leave it alone.
- When shows a green circle, it is done.
*No. 5 is the hardest step of all.
Q: Can’t start up the flash tool?
A: Totally close it and move the folder to your desktop, and remember the folder name: all English.
Q: Shows nothing after clicking firmware upgrade?
A: reinstall the driver again and restart your pc to check. Do not connect others on your other usb port to make sure the voltage.
Q: Flash tool recognize the phone, but shows problems.
A: Upgrade the flash tool yourself, or contact us to get a new one.
Q: Flash tool recognize the phone, but stuck at 76%.
A: Click stop, and do not touch more, rom problem or battery problem. Take out the battery and charge it though unversal charger for over 1hour and try again.
Q: Start up but stuck at boot.
A: 1. Wait a little minutes. 2. Reinsert the battery and start up again. 3. 1&2 not work, reflash.
Q: How to identify a cable rom or a card flash rom.
—MTK Phones Flashing.